The Positive Effects of Purchasing a Humidifier
When Crystal City homeowners research products that can improve their households, they often encounter information regarding humidifiers. Low humidity levels can produce many negative health effects and can harm the plants and woodwork in homes, so reaching out to an air conditioning and heating contractor and inquiring about types of humidifiers is worth the effort.
Advantages of Owning a Humidifier
- Reduce Asthma and Allergy Symptoms - When the seasons change, many people are afflicted with allergies that clog their airways and agitate their sinuses. Humidifiers can reduce allergy symptoms such as sore throats, sneezing, coughing, and runny and stuffy noses so that homeowners can breathe easily. Additionally, humidifiers can limit the impact of allergens and air pollutants that circulate in air conditioning and heating systems and that trigger asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Cultivate House Plants – As an indoor gardener, you have to worry about not only how much water is in the soil of your potted plants but also how much water is in the air of your home, but humidifiers can aid in your house plants' growth and development by adding moisture to indoor air.
- Reduce Energy Bills – High humidity levels can make homes feel warmer during the winter, so your HVAC system won't have to work as hard or run as long to heat your home.
- Increase Hydration – Because of the significant percentage of water in the human body, understanding that the body requires a certain level of humidity is not difficult. Low humidity levels can produce bloodshot eyes, chapped lips, dandruff, dry skin, brittle hair, wrinkles, and eczema flare-ups, and applying lip balm and lotion may not be sufficient. Increasing the level of humidity in your home can alleviate these symptoms drastically.
- Prevent Static Electricity – If static electricity in your home is prevalent, especially during the winter months, consider purchasing a humidifier to reduce the occurrence of frizzy hair and sudden shocks.
- Limit Cold and Flu Symptoms – Recent studies have concluded that the ability of airborne viruses to spread and infect can decrease if the humidity level is at least 40% in a home, so purchasing a humidifier from your air conditioning and heating contractor can prevent illnesses and reduce recovery time from an illness.
- Preserve Woodwork – Low humidity can severely harm the woodwork in your home by causing wood trim, doors, cabinetry, and furniture to shrink, crack, or split.
- Decrease Snoring – Homeowners with significant others who snore are always looking for solutions to their partners' conditions. Humidifiers are known to reduce the intensity of snoring because they hydrate nasal passages.
If you've tried to combat the effects of low humidity in your Crystal City home but haven't found relief, consider asking a trained professional at Service Now Group, an experienced air conditioning and heating contractor, if a Crystal City humidifier could be the solution to your problems.